Thursday 12 November 2009

Boston Social Scene

I checked out review of BSS lake tahoe gig in NME – on same page was a feature on a file sharing trial in BOSTON. Also, as reinforcement, while sleepy on the sofa looked up to see a neighbour’s kid standing looking at me in a sweater with BOSTON written on it in big letters.
I can only suppose that BSS originally stood for / secretly stands for Boston Social Scene.
Or even Boston Stiching Society?
As for the file trial – the kids are getting stitched up for millions by the Man. I must present the case for defence. Care of a piece from the mysterious legal journal, ‘Common Law’ which follows the following basic thrust – Sell someone beans, they can sell them on, or they can grow hundreds more beans from them and sell them on. Without a signed or handshook agreement not to do so – a joint contract – then beans, books, music, words, pictures, should all follow the same path. Anything else is absurd. I still haven’t printed off my ‘home taping is killing music T-shirt with the tape and crossbones logo. I must. The bean companies know that they could never stop farmers regrowing, selling, regenerating etc. beans, through LEGAL channels – that’s why they engineer species to give off sterile fruit, along with being resistant only to brand X pesticide, etc. But they are trying to copyright genomes now. Not sure where things stand on that. Must research. Who holds my DNA copyright? Who’s gonna want a copy? Where’s the Xerox machine, Spock?

My Man has a hong kong acquaintance who represents big business and sues the ass of the little people. The devil’s advocate?

I though Happy was younger? Or was he so much older then, and younger than that now?

Enjoy lushness. I watched half of magical mystery tour yestereve. Charabanc ride in England green – I recall big charabanc trip in cider with rosie – Gloucester to Weston super-mare I think. Rolling meadow unfolds.

No comments: