Friday 4 September 2009

Live Transmission

this investigator reports:
That wickerwork ball of wool is spooking me. that whole back alley scene in the whitby I know and love is suddenly giving me shivers like its something from the wickerman. that quickly-removable knitter wanted advert gives me the jitters more thananything. Something I can't identify quite... I mean, who are these people?
I am sitting here in my caseroom with a mug of wine pondering frictions and situations and events in some order...
I will tell what I can: My comrade identifies a certain episode of a certain nineteen seventies show entitled 'the ojuka situation' which involves geoffrey palmer as abad guy in a grey suit with a grey mood. The michelson morley thing: in a certain science periodical onlineresource, a posting was placed on a registered-users-only section, entitled 'failings of the michelson-morley model'. It attacked themichelson morley model (cf. luminiferous aether theory circa 1890-1920?) on two main fronts - the first being the theory that light slows downwhen it is, or its effects are, being observed, such that measuring speed of light waves at differing angles of movement within the aether will not necessarily reveal much as the light will behave differentlyunder observation compared to unobserved. Anyway, the real mystery is the response to this posting, which was posted a few days later underthe name 'michelson morley'.
I will return to the whitby area, all being well, a week saturday.
My email order to my man in edinburgh did not reach. I had to chase up the order by phone. If melody reaches me I will let all parties know, and glean what I can.

transmission ends. Refil mug. restroom, then plunge in nearby loch circa 17 degrees C at dusky 11pm. Pearl jam just fades out. I am not a knitter so cannot apply. I may go in as a crocheter. offer them analternative take. One hook instead of two sticks. I am sure there is a fair haired girl in floral cottons in a recess of a whitby arcade called something like ... sympathy, or sky, waiting with a consignment of silks or angora. I will investigate...
-/

No comments: