Tuesday 6 September 2011

Silence is golden

i am not sure, but two things i know for certain:

1. Silence is golden, or so they say. I find it a little uncomfortable, personally. I'd rather have a bit of soft rock on quietly in the background. Helps me relax, you see. Silence makes me a little jumpy. I guess I am one of the what Bukowski called 'silence haters'. For instance, since moving in with Kingsbury PI I no longer fall asleep to music. The time it takes me to fall asleep after turning out the lamp has gone from approx 10mins to approx 50mins. That's a fivefold increase. Does this suggest i am 5 times less relaxed in silence than i am with music of the appropriate style/volume?

2. A new contact I have made in non-case related activities looks like the smoking man from X-Files. Just moved down here from Edinburgh a couple of months back. Perhaps I should quiz him on EPPS?

No comments: