Tuesday 19 May 2009

Bugs

A quick warning – I may be in radio silence tomorrow. Bugs are kicking in – my skin is shivering all over. Nausea… I don’t think it’s swine strain, but it’s definitely influ-the out door. Your mention of the aurora – next peak of sunspot cycle around 2012 is according to certain untrustworthy sources going to be the big one, in line with Mayan ‘long count’ end of millennia-long cycle prophesies… Geo-magnetic alignments… The current trough is certainly a ‘spring tide’ type trough, with particularly low sunspot activity in the last few years. I haven’t seen any aurorae for a good 4 years. I recall a brilliant display circa 86 in the north of the UK. Also an average one circa 88(?) in Yorkshire. Also a very good display circa 2000, in Northumberland, made more impressive by a night walk from Kielder area public house into the unlit darkness.

No comments: